8.27.2007

Slam Dunk

(For him)
I lay it bare
forswear
proper and prim

(To him)
I give promises
continual kisses
my necessary whim

(With him)
I forget all doubt
let myself out
all net--no rim

About him?
it's complicated
instinct--not educated
(What is the chance that I'll elude my illusions?)
s l i m

*technically, readers, this poem would be considered an example of envelope rhyme.' (the rhyme scheme being abba). However, this is not really a textbook model as I took some liberties with sentence structure and composition, especially in the 3rd stanza. But, whatever...right?

7 comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

Definitely a slam dunk. I like. Keep doing it up proper.

Unknown said...

I've told you in the past that a good poem turns my mental jukebox on. Once again, you started a cool playlist in my mind, Saadia. You need to have a conversation with Cap about my fetish for intelligent women--HOT! LOL!

Anonymous said...

mmmm. This is like school! I play by ear, but you can read music! I think I've found my Yoda!!

Anonymous said...

I love to write poetry. You are talented! You should copyright your poems. I really like this site!

KIKI said...

Get outta my head, Sadia!

Don said...

lol @ s l i m

Perfect ending as well

Alfred said...

Pretty helpful info, lots of thanks for this article.
wood sculpture | white vinegar | custom fabric