12.02.2006

Touching Food

I am disgusted when my food touches
I'm aware that this is one of my insane crutches
When my potatoes touch my entree
It basically ruins my whole day
Words like casserole and stew make me nauseous
And those who eat these atrocities leave me cautious
I like my plate arranged just so
Heaping dishes push me over like a domino
My husband and kids laugh at me
The roll their eyes, but don't agree
They like to mix all of their food together
And giggle when I become untethered
'On the side' is my favorite command
As long as my food is seperate...who cares if it's bland?

4 comments:

Dawnya said...

OMG...we were separated at birth...I can't stand for my food to touch. When we go out to eat...I'm still arranging my plate and everyone else is done eating. I also only eat one item at a time on my plate. LOL...some people call it OCD girly_girl

Lance said...

i can't believe i'm hearing this from you two. what?!!!! don't tell me dawyna, you being frum texus, u don't mixed yo' grits and eggs together?

come on nah...

whut about you girly_girl...what'cha kno' about eggs/grits?

Saadia said...

Dawnya! My doctor is always saying that I'm 'borderline OCD!!' I am the same way. I've gotten better over the years, but I am still pretty bad.

Lance--I know NOTHING about eggs and grits. Nor do I want to!! :-)

Sheletha said...

eggs and grits are the shit...add a little bit of sugar...mmmm good eats man