3.01.2007

Inspired by R. Frost

This is one of my favorite poems. It inspired the poem that I wrote for today.

Fire and Ice, by Robert Frost

Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To know that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

My Fire, My Ice

Fiery desire
Cold hate
Seems somewhat extreme
Unrealistic dictate

What about slouching toward nirvana
Or lukewarm interest
Tell me the temperature
Of a forbidden request

Must we burn
Or freeze
Forgetting the delight
Of a breezy tease

Perhaps sadness should boil
Oblivion could be mild
Survival of the fittest
Feelings gone wild

11 comments:

dc_speaks said...

ya know homegirl...when I read ur poetry..I get to see into that head of yours and really feel you.

I, for the life of me, can't understand why I haven't seen these things on a bookshelf at a bookstore.

Keep doing ur thing, MF!

Mizrepresent said...

Girly-Girl, once again you have mezmerized me with your poetic skills....like DC says girl you deep! Okay he didn't say that, but i did, you paint pictures, evoke feelings with your words and it's a beautiful thing.

Anonymous said...

yeah baby girl, you need to sell this stuff, throw in a few of those hot girly girl pictures and you'll bring poetry back like Martha Stewart did homemaking.

Saadia said...

Awwww...thanks, Everyone! A Girly Girl couldn't ASK for better readers.

MWB: I like it when you call me 'baby girl.' Please tell me who you are!

dc_speaks said...

you are more than welcome MF! I am truly a fan of your peoms...Keep em coming!

Rich Fitzgerald said...

What is this MF stuff, surely it isn't Mutha Fucka.

Saadia said...

Actually, Rich, DC and I enjoy referring to each other as 'motherfucker,' NOT 'Mutha Fucka.'

dc_speaks said...

lol...that was supposed to be a secret!!!!

dc_speaks said...

it could have been My Friend

Saadia said...

Oh, sorry DC!!
I didn't know it was a secret...

Dawnya said...

She will never put her poems in a book :(. She prefers the net...she loves the varying opinions of everyone in cyberspace. However, I am grateful...because if her work was at the bookstore...I would have bypassed it. But here in the middle of nowhere I am blessed enough to experience her genius.